It is with a very heavy heart we have to inform you that the committee have made the decision to not proceed with the Music Festival this year in its normal format. The decision was not made lightly. We need to support our local businesses at a time like this and we would put a financial drain on their resources if we were to ask them to donate funds. Although the festival is many months away decisions to commit financially have to be made now and we do not want to jeopardise future years by risking the festival this year. We really hope you all understand the situation we are in.
We will however monitor government guidance and if we are able to have an alternative party that weekend of some sorts then of course we will try and put something on. We are forever grateful for your support.
Brightlingsea Music Festival Chairman.